Welcome to ONZE RUST GUEST HOUSE/CARAVAN PARK in Colesberg an oasis in the Karoo halfway to everywhere. Come and enjoy a peaceful, safe and quiet stay at our establishments. We are situated in the upper town in Colesberg (Guest House about 1km from N1 turnoff and the Caravan Park about 900 meter from N1 turnoff near the Wimpy and Engen). We are placed near a OK Value Supermarket and a Caltex gas station (both also walking distance). Enjoy the breath taking sunset from the western horizon with the famous Coleskop visible from the caravan park and guest house, and a peaceful garden to relax in.
We serve meals, breakfast, (Padkos available on request) lunch and supper. Also soft drinks available.
Colesberg has comfortable Hotels and Motels, affordable overnight guesthouses, self-catering cottages, B&,B establishments. There are also many guest farms and hunting lodges in the district. There is no shortage of take-aways, licensed restaurants, tea gardens and coffee shops in town. Tourist Attractions and Places to visit in Colesberg.
– Bell Street – Typical Karoo Houses ( National Monuments ) and old sluit and garden walls. The old Horse and Mill – National Monument – The mill has been restored and the building is presently the Horse &, Mill pub.
– Dutch Reformed Church – Church St. Built in 1863, its white walls dominate Church st. The tower was built in 1926.
– Schutz and De Jager Building . Church St. The oldest building in Colesberg.
– Coleskop – Two 15 pound field guns were dragged to the top in January 1900. The honour title is still borne by 14 (Coles Kop) Air Defence Battery in Britain. The remains of one of the 15 – pounders can be seen in the back yard of the Colesberg Museum.
– Skietberg . Boer guns placed on this hill to defend the town.
– Suffolk Hill Memorial . Site where Suffolk Regiment was defeated by the Boers 6 January 1900.